The following section provides residents and businesses with information about their local utilities and public works departments. Use this section to find out your garbage or recycling pick up dates, find out hours for the transfer station, or find a quick phone number for SaskPower.
Power and Lighting
Note! Power out? Report your outage or request updates from SaskPower by visiting: https://www.saskpower.com/outages/report-an-outage/ or call (306) 310-2220.
Note! Want to report a streetlight outage? SaskPower is responsible for maintaining the street lights in the Town of Langham. To report a streetlight out in your area please contact SaskPower by visiting: saskpower.com
Water & Sewer
Click Here for the application for water and sewer.
The Town of Langham does not own a landfill – we manage a transfer station. This means that anything you haul in must be hauled out.
Managing waste is expensive and messy for towns. So in an effort to promote sustainable and healthy living, and to reduce the costs associated with managing and emptying the transfer station, the Town of Langham has several options available for residents and businesses to dispose of unwanted items:
- Garbage (Black Cart) Program
- Compost (Green Cart) Program
- Langham Transfer Station
- Recycling (Blue Cart) Program
- Community Living Bins (Clothing)
- Paints & Aerosols
The more residents, businesses and contractors work together to help everyone utilize and promote the following options, the better we can reduce costs and time spent on managing waste. Let’s help support sustainable and responsible growth for Langham.
Garbage (Black Cart) Program
Loraas Disposal is contracted by the Town of Langham to pick up your everyday household and local business waste. Loraas garbage pickup is now biweekly – every other Wednesday. The black cart provided to all residents was chosen for its durability and its ease of use. It holds three times as much as a normal trash can. The cart’s large wheels, makes it easy to maneuver, and it completely eliminates the lifting of heavy cans.
Carts need to be placed roadside by 7:00 am on collection day.
Remember! Loraas will not pick up bins that are over-filled or lids that cannot close. Help us keep our streets clean by keeping the bins filled to a reasonable level. No room? Discover our other options below for recycling your everyday waste items as they may have a home other than in your black bin.
Recycling (Blue Cart) Program
The Town of Langham strongly supports the protection of our environment and the promotion of sustainable waste reduction programming. Loraas Disposal has been contracted by the Town of Langham to offer curbside recycling for all residents. We encourage residents to support the program by learning about all the opportunities to reduce the impact on our landfills. Loraas’ convenient “One Cart – No Sort” residential curbside recycling service is available to residents of Langham. All approved recyclables can now be place together in the 95 gallon Blue Recycle Cart. Remember! Can’t remember what is recyclable these days? For more information on the types of materials that can be recycled, please stop by the Town Office to obtain the brochure or you may visit https://www.saskatoonrecycles.ca/how-to-recycle.htm.
- Carts need to be placed roadside by 7:00 am on collection day. Every other Wednesday is Recycle Day. Residents can always view the community calendar to view pick up dates.
- Loraas 2021 Schedule
- Changes to Single Stream Recycling
Langham Transfer Station
- The Transfer Station is a collection depot available to the residents of Langham and the RM of Corman Park for garbage that will be transferred to the Northern Landfill. There are specific areas available for old wood items, concrete, white metal, shingles, composting of leaves and grass, and bins for other household garbage. Items must be sorted and disposed of in the appropriate places.
- Hazardous wastes including tires, oil, oil cans, or chemicals are NOT allowed into the transfer station. These must be recycled through authorized dealers.
- Note! The Town of Langham has a zero-tolerance policy for any dumping outside the gates to the transfer station. Gates will be closed if bins are filled and cannot be emptied during regular hours. Residents are asked to return another time. Those caught dumping will be fined.
- Remember! Are you throwing away recyclable items? There may be a better home for those unwanted construction materials or electronics. Please help us reduce the amount of times we need to empty the transfer bins and reduce the operating costs of our transfer station – check out the other possible recycling options below.
- Transfer Station Prices as of May 2018
Summer (May 1 – September 30):
Tuesdays – 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM Thursdays 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM Saturdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, and 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Winter (October 1 – April 30):
Tuesdays – 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM Saturdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, and 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Closed Statutory Holidays
Community Living Bins (Clothing and Household Items)
- Too many clothes? The Saskatchewan Institute of Community Living (SICL) is a non-profit organization that collects donated clothing and other household items throughout Saskatchewan. All proceeds from the items you donate supports individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families in Saskatchewan, as well as the Saskatchewan Association for Community Living.
- A Community Living Yellow Bin is located on the corner of Main Street and 2nd Avenue where residents can donate gently used clothing. Please note the town has a zero-tolerance for clothing left in bags outside the bin. Bags or any other items left outside the bins will not be picked up and may be thrown away.
- Note! Community Living also does free pick up from your home! For a free pickup of clothing or reusable household items call (306) 477-2171 or send them a message online https://www.communitylivingpickup.ca/donate/call-for-pick-up/ and they will come right to your door!t to your house.
Paint and Paint Aerosols
- Paint can be dropped off without charge at any SARCAN depot. See the Product Care website for all the details on how and where to recycle paint in Saskatchewan.
Sarcan has the following four locations in Saskatoon:
|North End||2327 Faithfull Avenue||Saskatoon, S7K 1T9||Mon – Fri: 8:00AM – 5:00PM||Sat: 8:00AM – 4:00PM||Phone: (306) 975-0650|
|South End||20A – 2605 Broadway Avenue||Saskatoon, S7J 0Z5||Mon – Fri: 8:00AM – 5:00PM,||Sat: 8:00AM – 4:00PM||Phone: (306) 975-7188|
|East Side||350B 103rd Street E||Saskatoon, S7N 6M5||Mon – Fri: 8:00AM – 5:00PM||Sat: 8:00AM – 4:00PM||Phone: (306) 373-3386|
|West Side||7 – 2305 22nd Street W||Saskatoon, S7M 0V6||Mon – Fri: 8:00AM – 5:00PM||Sat: 8:00AM – 4:00PM||Phone: (306) 384-5699|
- Sarcan depots accept (at no charge) old or unwanted electronics. This includes desktop computers, notebook computers, monitors, desktop printers, televisions, personal/portable audio/video playback and /or recording systems, home audio/video playback, recording systems, home theatre in a box, vehicle audio and video systems, non-cellular telephones and answering machines.